A group of crazy, neurotic, absolutely hilarious erotic romance authors working together to corrupt the world... one reader at a time.

Friday, June 7, 2013

The Best 23 Hrs of My Life...Part 2

If given an all expense paid vacation to anywhere, I wouldn't hesitate before screaming EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND!!!

In 2007, I had the awesome chance to go to the UK with my BFF. Talk about a dream come true.  I've always been an Anglophile and if you asked me I would tell you I was British at heart but the 23 hours we spent in Edinburgh were the most fun I've ever had in my life.

We were there in August, in time for a slew of Edinburgh Festivals which made views like this common place:



Everyone was cheerful, the accents were amazing (it's pronounced Ed-n-Burr-ah btw), and you'd be walking along and see something like this: 

I'm one woman. How am I supposed to resist kilts AND whisky at the same time?  To be truthful I did avoid both, but I could tell you a story about a sexy Aussie, several pints of cider and the Pub Crawl of Epicness.....

But before you think it was all hotties and booze, there was also beautiful buildings and natural beauty. Yep, that's right, me, the girl who avoids outside because that's where the Civil War happened. I LOVED how green everything was. 

It was the first time I had Indian food, the first time I had a vacation fling (but not the Edinburgh Experience), the first time I found inflatable sheep for sale in a vending machine for sex purposes. ;)

We only got to spend about 23 hours there, and it's my dream to one day make it back and spend several.  Definitely with my bestie along, gallons of cider entirely optional, but encouraged.

Sasha

2 comments:

  1. ZOMG I was in Edinburgh then too! Crazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotland is on my shortlist of must-visit places. One of these years!

    ReplyDelete